FREE Career Change Advice Direct to Your Inbox!
Our Exclusive Resources

Meet the Team
Join the Conversation

Our Books

Buy in Print | Buy e-Book

Career success is an “inside-out” process. If you dedicate yourself to a careful self-assessment before you launch your next job search, you will find yourself in an elite group of professionals who know what they want, know what they have to offer, and know where their careers are taking them.

Buy in Print | Buy e-Book

Your resume is the single most important marketing tool you have. This book covers the most important topics you will need to master in order to create a military to civilian career change resume that attracts attention and job offers. 

Buy e-Book

Self-Marketing for Military to Civilian Career Transitions looks at the new context of work with its universal entrepreneurial culture. Whether you own your own business or are part of a giant multi-national corporation, you can’t afford to think of yourself or your career in any other terms. 

Search the site
Jumpstart your career!

 The Jumpstart Session is designed to give you the feedback, advice, guidance and confidence that you need to succeed in your career transition.
To learn more, click here.

What's New

Military to civilian careers

Blog Categories & Tags
« Veteran Career Transitions: What Our Clients Say About Us | Main | How to a Develop Positive Attitude for a Job Search »

Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) FAQ

With the deadline to join the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program fast approaching, we thought we'd share some of the helpful FAQs from the VRAP site to help our veteran readers that may be unsure if the program is right for them. Be sure to visit the VRAP page for complete information -- and apply before September 30th!

Who can use VRAP?

To qualify, a Veteran must:

  • Be at least 35 and no more than 60 
  • Be unemployed 
  • Have an other than dishonorable discharge 
  • Not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g., the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Assistance) 
  • Not be in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployab

What can I use the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program for? 

Participants must enroll in a program approved for VA benefits offered by a Community College or Technical School. The program must lead to an Associate Degree, Non-College Degree, or a Certificate and train you in a high demand occupation.

Can I pursue an Associate’s degree or certificate program at a 4- year school?

VRAP only provides assistance for approved training offered at community colleges and technical schools. The term “community college” includes those educational institutions listed on the Department of Education's National Center for Educational Statistics’ College Navigator website as 2-year institutions.

How much does the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program pay?

You may receive up to 12 months of assistance equal to the monthly full time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill–Active Duty program.

Is this like the Post- 9/11 GI Bill and how VA pays for my tuition and fees?

No. The benefit will be paid directly to you and you are responsible for paying your expenses including tuition, fees, and books.


PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...